Accessing Our Data
How do you want to get the data?
- Subscribe (free) to automatically get the latest data as we progress.
- Download a recent version immediately.
- Purchase copies of our histories.
Subscribe to Data FeedsThis is the best way to keep up-to-date at all times.
If you do this, you are one of our early users... it's good to have you join us! Feel free to call me directly if you need help or just want to talk to someone as you walk through this process. :-) Trent 801-560-1471
- BitTorrent Sync
- Download and install Resilio.
- Open the program and add a folder. The shared secret is this: R6HK76P7Q7B3FDC53IGT4TSMAOORJXJGI (You can place it anywhere on your computer.)
- Done! Now you'll always have the latest files from us. If you like, you can download our doc manager so that you'll see when there are changes to the files.
Download NowYou can get a copy of our information immediately.
PS: Even if you download a copy right away, we recommend that you also subscribe so that you get the latest data when we release it. (That also helps us disseminate it, because more subscribers means the network will work faster for everyone else.)Click here to get the data you want.
- Genealogy Data: in PAF format or GED format or Gramps format. (If a link doesn't download a file and save to your computer, right-click on it instead and choose "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..."). We can publish in other formats (eg. rmgc for RootsMagic); contact us and we'll start publishing what you want.
- Histories: choose one at a time (Bulk download is coming soon; watch for details.)
- Newsletters and Magazines: choose one at a time (Bulk download is coming soon; watch for details.)
Do we have to use BitTorrent Sync to subscribe to the file updates?
No. We have successfully distributed these files with other programs, but nobody is currently using them. AeroFS has been used, and has some benefits of identifying the individuals who make changes; however, you are limited to sharing with 3 people. Vuze has a rich set of features including RSS feeds and magnet URLs; however, the setup is complicated and the delivery is slow. uTorrent is also one of them (on the Mac, version 1.0.2 will not work but version 1.5.4 will), similar to Vuze.
If you want to use a program that we're not using right now, let us know (especially if you can write instructions for others to use). We'd love to publish in whatever channels will be useful to people
A note from our genealogist, just for you.As you down load information from our website please keep in mind the following:
- This is a work in progress and will be updated on a regular bases, at least quarterly, as we continue our research.
- When you check the notes for documentation, you will begin to see a pattern we use regarding the "name," biographical information, birth, marriage, death, etc.
- If there is no documentation or it is not in the basic order listed in #2, we have not worked on that individual or family yet.
- If you have additions or corrections, please feel free to contact our genealogist, Loraine Tolman Pace.
- Ordinance work is not to be done from this file, as we are coordinating it from the Family Organization level.
- All of the work on this data has been accomplished by volunteers, who are descendants of Thomas Tolman.